About RJ Sadowski
RJ Sadowski is more than a Horse Whisperer; he is a true teacher of great horsemanship and has been helping people and horses for 30 years. He was one of the first Official Trainers for the Mustang Heritage Foundation, is CHA Certified both English and Western, is a MA Licensed Riding Instructor and operates a Licensed Riding School. RJ is a powerful resource for New England horse owners.
"RJ" Sadowski believes it takes five categories of study to be successful with horses. It is his goal to start each student by teaching basic skills of each category to humans. Without knowledge, understanding and application of how these areas of skill relate to horses, frustration and risk are inevitable. These areas of study are:
- Horsemanship: Knowing what the horse is feeling about his safety in the environment, your leadership, herd dynamics and new challenges. Include also, horse psychology to know what kind of individual being one is dealing with and strategies that work.
- Training: Using horsemanship ability, one determines what exactly the horse is learning and the person knowing how and what to teach the horse what he needs to know for a proper foundation for the rest of his life.
- Riding Techniques/instruction: Human knows proper use of leg aids, rein positions, weight aids, bio-mechanics and more to know how to prepare the horse to know what is being asked when mounted.
- Horse Behavior: Knowing and reading horse behavior and what it tells us about our horses needs. Using effective techniques and strategies to develop a meaningful relationship with a horse.
- Horse Psychology: Learning how to recognize opportunities to help our horse want to learn and strategies to develop a willing participation in a relationship with us.
After having traveled around the USA to spend time with the world’s most famous and accomplished names in the world of horsemanship, RJ has developed his own brand and philosophy: Horse-Mind-Ship™, the next evolutionary phase of natural horsemanship without the need to say "natural".
- BA in Education from U of Mass graduated 1974.
- 12 years full time experience teaching public elementary school in Williamsburg MA.
- 12 years part time teaching communication skills to adults in business seminars.
- 25 years studied natural horsemanship techniques, principles, philosophy and methods via videos, clinics and publications purchased and studied from world famous names such as Tom Dorrance, Ray Hunt, Leslie Desmond, Monty Roberts, John Lyons, Pat Parelli, Clinton Anderson, Chris Cox, Ga-Wa-Ni-Pony Boy, Craig Cameron and Dennis Reis.
- Completion of several world's most famous clinicians’ courses including certificates in:
- Horse Behavior
- Principles Balance Fluidity Freestyle I
- Principles & Techniques Balance Fluidity Finesse II
- Advanced Horsemanship Techniques
- Twenty Five years learning from horses, keeping, riding and teaching horses on 77 acre farm in Plainfield MA.
- Home study of several of the world's most famous clinicians': *Round Penning, *Colt Starting, *Gaining Respect On The Ground series I, II, III, *Riding with Confidence series I, II, III, Gaited Horse Training
- Kept a Tennessee Walking Horse stallion for 4 years for breeding and rode him often.
- Strengths include starting colts, work with Wild Government Mustangs, understanding and taking care of horse’s emotional priorities of safety, comfort, food, play, a strong sense of timing and feel, starting colts, ground exercises to prepare for safe mounting, development of lightness and suppleness, communication with horse's body parts, teaching skills of bridle less riding.
- Helping horses overcome problems and helping people with horse problems, forming a program to help the horse and human to be safe and develop communication based on uncovering horse’s Equinality™ and human's personality, helping people to know whether their horse is safe to ride or not, reading the horse and helping human to develop a valuable relationship with their horse through communication and understanding.
- To read more about RJ's involvement with horses, refer to the following links: http://www.gazettenet.com/2010/06/11/easy-does-it and http://www.eomega.org/workshops/mind-whispering#-workshop-description-block